Are you a passionate and enthusiastic individual looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for experienced Seasonal Assistant Ecologists
Salary: £10.68 per hour
Contract type: Casual/ Flexible working hours until 30th June 2023
Location: The Old Ragged School, Brook Street, Nottingham, NG1 1EA
Hybrid working between the office and remotely is acceptable and encouraged.
There will be travel required to our other sites and reserves in the county, so a full, clean driving licence is essential.
EMEC is a growing business, with project delivery across the East Midlands and beyond. We have an exciting opportunity for a number of Seasonal Assistant Ecologists to join our experienced and friendly Ecology team, based at our listed offices in the heart of the creative quarter in Nottingham.
Projects range from habitat management works on Nature Reserves (including Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust reserves), protected species surveys across a range of sites, to large-scale habitat creation and national infrastructure projects. We are a company that takes great pride in the quality of our work, and the outcomes for wildlife conservation.
You’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and help nature’s recovery. You’ll not need a great deal of ecological experience but working knowledge, and lots of passion, are a must. In return, we ensure that our Assistant Ecologists have many opportunities to support a diverse range of projects, to gain experience and knowledge to kick-start your career.
If you are interested in applying, then please head to our website for more information and the full role profile at https://emec-ecology.co.uk/ecology-careers/.
Let’s be honest, not all ecological consultancies are the same. We want to do the very best for nature and ALL of our profits are gift-aided to the Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust to support conservation directly on the ground. We also want to do the best for you. We prioritise your work home life balance by offering flexible working arrangements, and we commit to developing you professionally through our Personal Development programme.
Benefits of working with us:
- Flexible working options, including home-working, and a healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Personalised Development programme designed to enhance your knowledge and progress your career
- A multi-disciplinary business, with opportunities to work on a wide range of projects, developing your experience and skills
- Opportunity to work on high profile projects with nationally significant clients, and on smaller scale conservation-focused projects
- A close-knit, friendly and supportive team, with a relaxed office atmosphere
- Family friendly organisation
- Based at our newly refurbished office in a listed building at the heart of the creative quarter in Nottingham
- The majority of our projects are within an hour of our office. Overnight stays are infrequent
The closing date for applications is 12pm on Wednesday 31st May 2023, but we may interview suitable candidates sooner so please do apply without delay.
EMEC Ecology is an equal opportunities employer that strives to be a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone is valued. We welcome applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We recognise that our workforce needs to represent the communities and people we work with. We particularly encourage applications from underrepresented groups within Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust, the wider charity and conservation sectors, such as people from Black and Ethnic Minority backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTQ+.