Providing specialised ecological consultancy services
We offer a range of training services, from simple site-based toolbox talks to seminars and workshops that count towards Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
We provide training for professionals, including developers, site managers and workers, architects, local planners and consultants. We also provide training for students, graduates, volunteers and other interested parties looking to improve their skills in ecological surveying and assessment.
Training can be carried out at our office in central Nottingham, on-site or at a location of your choice.
Our training services include:
- Toolbox talks to site supervisors and workers about site-based ecological constraints and suitable working methods.
- Seminars to developers, site managers, architects and local planners about the ecological constraints to development (including site-based Q&A).
- Theoretical and practical workshops on protected species including bats, badgers, great crested newts, water voles, otters and white-clawed crayfish.
- Theoretical and practical workshops on botanical identification and site assessment.
- Bespoke ecological training sessions and courses.
Examples of recent training delivered by EMEC Ecology:
- Various ecology training days on behalf of the Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust’s Wildlife in the City (WINC) scheme, including an introduction to bats, botany, butterflies and aquatic invertebrates.
- Water Vole Ecology and Survey Techniques on behalf of Nottinghamshire County Council, involving theoretical and practical sessions at Bestwood Country Park.
- Ecological Considerations seminars to staff at Nottingham City Council and Mansfield District Council.
- Small Mammal Surveying and Wildflower Identification training days undertaken at Colwick Woods in Nottingham.